The requirements & process to become a member
To be inducted as a member you need to have:
1. Completed the on-line membership application form with a proposer and a seconder that have both been members of Nomads for at least one year.
2. Paid the $150 joining fee after your application has been confirmed as being complete and tabled at a committee meeting.
3. Played 3 games with at least one with a committee member that completes an endorsement of you. You register for monthly games on the web-site and if you have not played with a committee member, you need to make a note of this at the time of registering that you need to play with a committee member before your final game.
4. Paid the fees as advised by the Membership Officer (MO) before your induction game. (see details below)
NB. You cannot play more than 3 games as a visitor and you should complete the application form either before or after your second game.
• Membership application is via an online process only.
• Applicant completes and submits online application form – all questions to be completed including how you will be able to contribute to Nomads e.g. commitment to assist with raising funds for Charity Day.
• Email notification of your application is automatically sent from the web-site to the Captain, Treasurer and MO.
• MO sends an email confirming receipt, form correctly and fully completed and that the $150 joining fee is now due and payable via the below bank details. You register to play in monthly games when you can and remind the game day scheduler that you need to play with a committee member.
• Game day scheduler schedules you to play with a Committee member in any of the three pre-induction games.
• Committee member completes the new member endorsement form as to your suitability and sends to Membership Officer.
• MO tables the endorsement at next committee meeting.
• MO advises Applicant of annual subscription fee and if applicable, your Golflink membership fee (AGU handicap) that is now payable prior to the 3rd game in order to be inducted after the game.
• At your induction you will receive an induction certificate, club tie and cap. If there is sufficient notice of your registration for the game, you may also receive your club shirt at your induction. If not, your shirt will be given to you before your next monthly game. (Notice is needed to give us time to have your name embroidered on your shirt).
• Once inducted, the MO will complete an application to Golf NSW for membership he will advise you of your new Golf Link number (if you aren’t already a member of another club). The MO will also register you as a member of the Drummond Club.
Joining Fee $150
This includes a Nomads embroidered golf shirt, belt, socks, tie and cap.
Annual Subscription Fee currently $220 per annum
This includes membership of Drummond Golf, capitation fees to the National Nomads Club, golf insurance, a contribution of $50 to the annual Charity Day, and sundry other subsidies. Annual Subscription fees paid by 31st January each year have a discount of $20 - i.e. only $200 is paid. Thereafter it reverts to the full $220 for existing members and decreases over the course of the year for new members. The MO will advise you at the time of your induction of the amount payable for the remaining portion of the year.
Annual Golf NSW Subscription Fee currently $60 per annum. This is only payable if you do not already belong to another golf club as you need an official AGU handicap to maintain your Nomads membership. Becoming a social member of Golf NSW is an effective and cost efficient way to obtain a Golf Link card and official AGU handicap. The Golf NSW membership year starts when you're registered and the next year's subscription will be payable on your anniversary of becoming a member.
The initial Golf NSW application fee is $75 and then it reverts to $60 thereafter.
Monthly Green Fees $80 (includes entry into the cash draw)
This amount does not include a cart. If you require a cart please arrange with the golf club. Games at Riverside Oaks are circa $125 which includes a cart and a meal.
Bank Account Details
Account Name: Nomads Sydney North
Bank and Account Number: NAB, Account Number – 581 865 167
Branch and BSB Number: St Ives Branch, BSB – 082 445